Title: "We're gonna have to come back here"
SO SORE. After my first restful night of sleep in China, Brooke and I woke up to go to a Taichi lesson. We didn't know if we had to get ourselves breakfast, so we went to the cafe the hotel had.
When we got there, we saw that it was a buffet with a lot of American food. YES! Cereal, donuts, milk, eggs, and even bacon. We were so excited... until we got the bill. When we got to Taichi, the master (mr. wang) decided to teach us Kungfu as well as Taichi. That went well... Mr Wang called me a typical American,
which was the first time that had happen to my face at least. I mean, sure people look, but no one has said anything.We left the outdoor park and headed to Tiananmen Square. Tony lead us around. Then because they pretty much run into each other, we went to the Imperial and Forbidden city. Th
e guards were realllly cool. And i found myself snapping more and more random photos, maybe it's because I was getting bored. I really don't know. Oh funny story... Brooke and I were just walking like normal people right?! when all of the sudden I feel like a camera is being pointed in our direction. Brooke looked over because she noticed too, and "Click, flash"... some random person took a photo of Brooke and me. ha Brooke said she wishes she could have seen the photo because she is pretty sure she made the most random face she could think oh haha. After we walked through the cities, we made our way to lunch. Then off to the Houtangs in the rickshaws. Rickshaws are these cart things that are powered by a man on a bike. You sit in the back and they take you where ever you want
. Tony had already mad a
n appointment or something because the second we got there we were seated in the rickshaw. Brooke and I rode together, and Tony and Ike rode together.The Houtangs are a type of house. They have four separate houses attached to each other in a circle with an outdoor meeting place in the middle. We got to stop and take a look at one up close. After the rickshaw ride, we went downtown to the business district to see a cultural acrobatic show. It was pretty intense. These crazy girls most have only been like ten but they were turning their bodies in ways i didn't know bodies could turn.
There was also a part of the show were there was this big wheel thing where people get in the ends of it. I feel like I have seen it before, but I can't put my finger on it. After the show, Brooke and I got a picture with one of the girls. They did this number at the end, where they were all on one bike (like twenty girls and only one pedalling) yeah...
that one girl pedalling must have been tried. For dinner we went to a famous Peking Duck place (a picture of Al Gore was on the wall ha-random) Cheryl and a girl named Hannah came with us. The duck was so good! I really really liked it. Probably my favorite food so far. Brooke and I had begun to say that we needed to come back to every place that we visited. Not on purpose... but we just felt we wanted to go back to places, maybe when the weather was better or so
mething. But anyways, by the end of the day we were being made fun of, because apparently we had said it more than the usual today haha.
When we got there, we saw that it was a buffet with a lot of American food. YES! Cereal, donuts, milk, eggs, and even bacon. We were so excited... until we got the bill. When we got to Taichi, the master (mr. wang) decided to teach us Kungfu as well as Taichi. That went well... Mr Wang called me a typical American,
which was the first time that had happen to my face at least. I mean, sure people look, but no one has said anything.We left the outdoor park and headed to Tiananmen Square. Tony lead us around. Then because they pretty much run into each other, we went to the Imperial and Forbidden city. Th
There was also a part of the show were there was this big wheel thing where people get in the ends of it. I feel like I have seen it before, but I can't put my finger on it. After the show, Brooke and I got a picture with one of the girls. They did this number at the end, where they were all on one bike (like twenty girls and only one pedalling) yeah...
that one girl pedalling must have been tried. For dinner we went to a famous Peking Duck place (a picture of Al Gore was on the wall ha-random) Cheryl and a girl named Hannah came with us. The duck was so good! I really really liked it. Probably my favorite food so far. Brooke and I had begun to say that we needed to come back to every place that we visited. Not on purpose... but we just felt we wanted to go back to places, maybe when the weather was better or so
mething. But anyways, by the end of the day we were being made fun of, because apparently we had said it more than the usual today haha. THANKS FOR READING : )
- nikita
No comments:
Post a Comment