-THE DAY OF THE FLIGHT- Monday, Feb 16th
I woke up late. My flight was scheduled for 10:37... so I figured I needed to get there around 8:30. However, I woke up at 8:30 so that plan ended real fast! I was pretty panicked until we got to the airport. When I finally said goodbye to everyone (my family) I boarded my plane. We sat in the plane for sooo long because Obama was eit
her coming in or going out of the Chicago airport because CHI O'Haire wasn't letting anyone in or out until president was safe. I got to the airport and Brooke was there to greet me. We got some McDonalds... kinda like our last dinner. Went to the terminal and boarded the flight. When we got to our seats, we realized that we were in the middle of the USA Men's Hockey Team. haha this was going to be a good flight. ahah it was and we met a lot of the guys. They were all in college. A few some Iowa State and even some from the Michigan area! The long 13 hour
s entailed a lot of bad food, no sleep, and a lot of good stories. Instead of flying over the Pacific ocean we flew over Antarctica. It was really cool! Here is just one of the pictures! After the flight we got a photo with so
me of the guys that we met. They were really nice, but we will probably never see any of them again. ---definitely reppin' the Deltas! We got in the airport and had to go threw customs. We did not really know where to go, but we just kept walking ha following the signs to the baggage claim. We tried to ask for the time, and the woman at the counter had no idea what we were talking about... Brooke and I just looked at each other and though "oh crap, what the heck have we gotten ourselves into?!" When we finally found ourselves out in the greeting area, a man holding an EAN sign asked if we were Brooke and Nikita... His name is Matt, and he was our contact to get to our hotel. He took us to Ike, the guy that is in the program with us. He is from Texas and goes to Drake University in Des Moines, IA. Ike is also going to be our roommate. Together all four of us went to the hotel. So Ike is a lite packer (one bag) which I have no idea how he did that! Brooke and I had seven bags together, so we had to take two taxi's to the Hotel. TAXI DRIVERS ARE CRAZY! I seriously thought I was going to die on the way to the hotel! Honking horns and swerving in and out of traffic! I survived though. This is the Beijing, Marriot. 




We checked in and then went out to dinner with Matt. Ike, Brooke, and I were feeling very tired however! I was surprised I made it as long as I did. It felt so nice to sleep in a bed though. That is until I woke up at 2:30 in the morning China time (1:30pm Michigan time) and couldn't get back to sleep... STUPID JET-LAGG!
THANKS FOR READING
: ) nikita
No comments:
Post a Comment