Sunday, March 29, 2009

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!-----or was I guess---- YEAAAAAH!

The birthday celebrating started on Wednesday. After I got out of COSMO, I met Ike and Brooke downstairs in M.A.C. We went to the IES Global office to meet Cheryl and everyone for dinner. When I got there, Cheryl had made/ordered a cake for me. Fiona was there as well as Tony!!!-our tour guide from the great wall! After a little bit, we went to a restaurant that had food that is native to Hong Kong. AND they had Pineapple bread, which is now my favorite dessert ever! It is so gooooood! After dinner we went back to the apartment and relaxed. From this point on, I will give you all of my birthday minute by minute........
12:00 am- Brooke and I drank a small glass on wine!--- I didn't really like it though. : (
12:02 am- I was asleep...
6:07 am- I went for my birthday run. Every year since I was in high school, I have gone on a run for my birthday. I don't know why, I just feel like it is the way to celebrate life.... exhausting yourself with exercise until you can't move anymore. No?! you don't think so? ha. I might be the only one ha.

6:49 am- After I returned, I received presents from my roommates. I love everything I received! Brooke, Ike, and Roy all had given me something, and I couldn't have loved more. Ike bought me a bottle of liquor with snakes in it.---- very interesting
7:40 am- TIME FOR SCHOOL!

11:25 am- After school, Brooke and I went home and got ready for our internships. I didn't have to go to mine for awhile, so I relaxed. I tried to get some of my homework done so I wouldn't have to do it later.

2:14 pm- I got on the subway to go pick up the jello shot cups. When I got off the subway, I got out on the wrong exit, so I ended up walking a lot! And it wasn't fun...

2:45 pm- but I got there.

2:55 pm- I got a taxi to Cosmo which is about five minutes away. I was suppose to be there at 3 but I wasn't going to make it. The traffic was too heavy.

3:10 pm- I got to Cosmo.

4:00 pm- I left Cosmo with Bi to go to a Runway show in the 87th district. We took a taxi there, but I probably could have ran there because I was so excited! I will post some videos and photos of the show. I loved the collections. It's Fashion week in China, so that means everyone is trying to impress. My favorite designer was the last of the designers. he was very unique and different from all the others.

5:30 pm- the show ended, and we left. Bi said that she had one more stop to make with an advertising company. She said it wouldn't take very long, and that I should accompany her. I told her as long as I would be back for my dinner reservations at 7:30 that would be fine. SO we went.
6:30 pm- we finished with the advertising company, and I started to worry. It was rush hour, and I didn't want to be late to my own dinner.

7:15 pm- I got back to my apartment. I WAS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A MAD WOMAN!

7:18 pm- I got a taxi and told the driver I was late and I needed him to hurry... of course the driver said he would hurry, but did he?!!! I swear everyone and their mother's uncle was passing us!

7:40 pm- I arrived at the restaurant.

When I got inside everyone was there to greet me. It was wonderful! So many people from my class and other friends that I have made so far. I felt really fortunate to have such wonderful friends so fast.... Everyone ordered and I got my first drink. It was from the owner/manager of the club, Davida. :) After eating and relaxing. We had another drink. It was so good. A Sex in the City. In the restaurant, there was a jazz player. He was awesome! He even played Stevie Wonder! When he wasn't playing, the restaurant played a soulful mix of 70's and 80's! PERFECT Right?! SO Brooke and I couldn't help but dance. After no one else was feeling the instant need to dance, we continued with dinner.
As the night went on, it felt wonderful to just be surrounded with friends. Having Brooke there was one of the things I will always be the most grateful for. She is so important to me and has been a better friend then I feel I ever could be. During this time in the night, it seemed much like a movie. The lights were not to bright, but obviously bright enough to see who you are talking to. The music was playing loud enough to hear but not so loud that you had to yell at the person sitting next you. For a few moments I sat and just watched everyone enjoying the company of one another.... Everyone seemed so happy... AND AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, a birthday song came on and Davida came out carrying a firework lit cake... (i feel like if it were a movie, the director would put this scene in slow-mo) haha.
11:43 pm- After cake, everyone started filing out. I wanted to go home because the next day we had school and more importantly ;) our PARTY!!
12:34am- I went to bed... as a twenty one year old!
The next day, we pretty much just got ready for the party. I made some Jell-O Shots with the help of our roommate Roy. : ) It was my first time ever making them. When we were finished, I started cleaning and getting everything around.

That night, people came and went, but we had a good flow of people. Everything seemed to go well. EVERYONE loved the Jell-O shots... and of course they would. A few people had bought me alcohol for me. A guy named Andy, from Germany, bought me a bottle of liquor with a cobra biting a scorpion inside the bottle. SO, naturally that was the first shot I had of the night. :/ Yeah I don't know how I feel about that one. It is kind of one of those things to say you have done but probably would be okay with never doing it again. I also tried the snake infested liquor that Ike got me.... I might try to bring back a couple bottles of that, but I don't know if I am aloud. As the night continued, everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time. We wanted to go dance though, so we decided to go to a club called Bling. We hadn't been before that night, but we wanted to try something new. The only problem was getting people out of our apartment... haha but then again that must just mean everyone was having so much fun that they didn't want to leave!) ha Ike got up on the table and told everyone that we were going though... When we got to the club it was great! There was a car in the middle of the dance floor where the DJ's were! AND the rims had spinners!!!!! NICE! We danced like there was no tomorrow or at least until the morning of tomorrow. On the way home, we reflected on how the Birthday festivities went. I would have to say it went absolutely amazing! and I know I have Brooke to thank for most of it...
THANKS FOR READING : )
-nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment