St. Patty's day: was wonderful. Some professors and program directors of Iowa State and EAN came to Beijing. We
celebrated with them at a close restaurant. First, they came to our apartment. A little overwhelming but that is okay. It was amazing seeing everyone from home. Jane Edwards and Trevor from the ISU Study Abroad center were here. The restaurant that we went to had a performance as we ate. During the show, they asked for a volunteer, and everyone at the table pointed at Brooke. HA. She went up to the stage. They wanted her to sit inside a big pot and be spun around on some crazy strong woman's legs ha! I took some pictures, but it was hard because I was laughing so hard I was crying. After the restaurant, Brooke and
I joined the group for massages. (ABSOLUTELY AMAZING massages!) this was the kind of massage that we wanted last time... oil, soothing, mood lighting haha....
celebrated with them at a close restaurant. First, they came to our apartment. A little overwhelming but that is okay. It was amazing seeing everyone from home. Jane Edwards and Trevor from the ISU Study Abroad center were here. The restaurant that we went to had a performance as we ate. During the show, they asked for a volunteer, and everyone at the table pointed at Brooke. HA. She went up to the stage. They wanted her to sit inside a big pot and be spun around on some crazy strong woman's legs ha! I took some pictures, but it was hard because I was laughing so hard I was crying. After the restaurant, Brooke and
I joined the group for massages. (ABSOLUTELY AMAZING massages!) this was the kind of massage that we wanted last time... oil, soothing, mood lighting haha....COSMO: is awesome! When I went to work last week, Fan was back from Paris. Of course I wanted to know all of the details, so I asked her about everything.... mid convo she whips out this purse and says "I brought this back for you"..... como say what?! Fan had brought a one of a kind (no one else in the world has it) purse back from a runway show. The designer had made it for one of the collections and had no use for it anymore, so he gave it to her and she gave it to me! Pretty much amazing!
SCHOOL: is going well. I feel like I am learning a lot very fast. I have three different classes in Chinese and two classes in English. The two in English are very very dull and boring ha. we will see though. The school offers a lot of opportunities to travel to different places. In May, Brooke, Ike, and I are going to go to Inner Mongolia to ride camels in the desert of course!!!!!!!!!! Believe me when I say I am more excited for that day then I was to turn 21.
NIGHTLIFE: has been realllly fun. We have tried to change things up because like I said; people LOVE Vics ha.
Last weekend I went to HotPot with Amy- a girl I work at cosmo. Little did I know, it was going to be her, her boyfriend, her boyfriend's brother, and her two brothers. haha and me of course. Oh we had a good time. They made me try a bull's stomach without telling what is was first... yeah that's a picture of it. I felt bad because they were reallllly pressuring me to drink, but I wanted to wait. It would have been pointless to drink less than a week from my birthday, but I don't think they understood. I felt like I was insulting them :( it will be okay though. After dinner we went to KTV.... they made me sing songs
by myself ha. I really don't
know anyone would ever want that hahah but they insisted.
THANKS FOR READING : )
-nikita
No comments:
Post a Comment