Since my birthday...
I have been in a desperate search of an outlet to dance. Of course we are doing our part in testing every nightclub in Beijing, but we still have not seemed to find the right group of people. Once, we had a promising lead because we met these two guys in one of the less foreign nightclubs that was doing a little bit of lock action... But it turned south when he decided he was toooo cool for me. Seriously though, he was like "hey, I can't meet up with you tonight because I am shooting for this famous person's music video"--- (I am translating because he can't speak English) --- so yeah, he is obviously too cool for school and can't meet up with me... I really don't know. :(
The world of drinking... because for the rest of the world there is no drinking age, drinking isn't a big deal........ AT ALL. Everyone just hangs out and relaxes. When and if we go out, there are places to go to get free drinks, so a bunch of us go there to hangout. I have had a few different types of drinks here, and I do have a favorite. In the night club, they are always giving this drink to guests with tables. It is Iced Tea and Whiskey. I don't know why, but I love it!!
JOB--- the job situation suckssss! It is a lot harder to find a legit tutoring job than you would think. I am almost to the point that I am going to make cards with my info and pass them around. LAME. but I need a job.
COSMO. So you know how I said it is not like The Devil Wears Prada? Well, I might want to change that. Don't get me wrong, I love working there, and I am very thankful for the opportunity. It is just that, the first couple weeks were so awesome that I thought it would always be like that. Now, it is slowly become less and less like it though. I won't go into details so maybe just use your imagination for now. :)
SCHOOL- Mid terms were this past week. I did good I think. Today, I was one of two kids that came to class..... I guess we missed the memo or something (REALL COOOOOL) Anyways, my teacher told me that I had done the best of all three classes of my level. Which kind of makes me think about moving up. Do you think I could do that half way through the semester?
OKAY!! NEWS.... so i know that in the first paragraph, I said I have had no dancing luck right???! WELLLLLLL, last night we went out to celebrate Mid terms being over. AND I just happen to dance with this guy who conveniently is the representative for Dance2xs in Beijing. Wait.. What? Dance2xs is a dance company out of Chicago, but they are trying to start a branch in Beijing. The guy I met told me that I should come and hang out with them and OF COURSE I said "yea, I think that would be okay"---- EVEN though, I was thinking... "UM HECK YESSSS!"
In the next couple of weeks, I will get some photos up. I am going to a cave this weekend. Then, next weekend, I am going to Inner Mongolia. Where I get to go Paragliding, dune buggying, roller balling, and OF COURSE ride CAMELSSSSS! And you know I will have pictures from that. Ha maybe a couple of videos ahah.
THANKS FOR READING : )
-nikita
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for making a dance connection! I'm jealous about the upcoming camel rides FOR SURE! Dune buggies remind me of my trip to MI to visit last summer... and then I got sad because I need my Brooke and Nikita fix! Love you both.
ReplyDelete